Tapps Garage, Denver, Colorado
Just like any machine, your vehicle requires routine maintenance in order to stay in top running condition. Through proper maintenance your car will be more dependable, more fuel efficient and it will last longer.
Tapp’s Garage has the knowledge and expertise to help you keep your car on the road and dependable. By following the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule and performing a thorough inspection with each service we are able to alert you to upcoming repairs which allows you to schedule the time and money necessary for the repairs. By scheduling these repairs and services in advance, you eliminate extra costs associated with emergency repairs such as tow bills and rental cars.
While today’s vehicles are more dependable, they are also more complex and still require routine maintenance. We follow the recommendations of your vehicle manufacturer to keep your vehicle in top running condition.
Quick Links to Services
- 3,000 Mile Vehicle Maintenance (Oil Change)
- 6,000 Mile Vehicle Maintenance Service
- Major Service
- Transmission Service
- Coolant Service
- Brake Fluid Flush
- Power Steering Fluid Flush
- Differential/Transfer Case Service
- Fuel Injection Service
- Timing Belt
Standard 3,000 Mile Vehicle Maintenance Service (Oil Change)
With this service, we drain the old oil from the engine, replace the oil filter and fill the oil to the proper level. We conduct a thorough inspection of the vehicle including all belts and hoses, wipers, lights, heater and A/C, starting and charging system and battery, fluid levels and conditions, tires, suspension, steering, drive train, exhaust and clutch operation.
A completed checklist is provided to the customer detailing the results of the inspection and any recommendations that are made.
Comprehensive 6,000 Mile Vehicle Maintenance Service (Level 2 Service)
This service incorporates all the services of the standard maintenance service and also completes a comprehensive inspection of the entire vehicle. This service includes rotation and balance of the tires (should be completed every 5-7000 miles), battery testing and service and a full inspection report.
Major Service (30-60-90K Service)
Following the recommendations of the manufacturer of your vehicle, we complete a thorough and comprehensive inspection of your vehicle and replace some parts/fluids that are designed to wear out and should be replaced periodically. Some of these items may be coolant, transmission fluid, spark plugs, cabin air filters and fuel filters.
By using your vehicle’s recommended maintenance schedule, we are able to keep you vehicle in top running condition and help to reduce or eliminate breakdowns and emergency repairs.
Your transmission endures extreme temperatures, many cycles of shifting where clutches and solenoids engage and disengage resulting in wear. Transmission fluid has a very high detergent content. What this means is that the fluid is constantly cleaning the inside of your transmission. When the fluid is so dirty it can no longer absorb any more material, the debris begins to build up inside your transmission. This can gum up solenoids and valves and accelerate the wear inside your transmission.
The transmission is second-most expensive component to replace on your vehicle, it is important to keep it running smoothly. We recommend a transmission flush every 30,000 miles or anytime the fluid becomes burnt or discolored.
Maintaining your cooling system helps to prolong the life of many of the related components. As the coolant begins to wear out, it becomes acidic. As the coolant becomes more acidic the coolant actually starts to create voltage (much like a battery) and this can confuse or even damage one of the numerous sensors on the engine. We recommend a coolant flush every 2 years/24,000 miles or sooner if the fluid becomes dirty or contaminated.
Brake Fluid Flush
The brake fluid in your vehicle is the lifeblood of your braking system. It endures extreme temperatures (as high as 400 degrees) and any contamination in the system reduces the boiling point of the fluid. This can lead to impaired braking performance.
Additionally, moisture in the fluid may promote corrosion and significantly impact the life expectancy of other components in the brake hydraulic system.
Power Steering Fluid Flush
Just like any other fluid your power steering requires periodic servicing. As parts wear, the fluid becomes contaminated. Dirty fluid can cause additional wear and additional expense to replace parts that have worn out prematurely.
Our power steering flush service completely flushes the system and adds conditioners that help extend the life of your system.
Differential/Transfer Case Service
Rear-wheel and 4 wheel drive vehicles have additional components that require regular servicing. The front and rear differentials and the transfer case should be serviced at least every 30,000 miles, more often if the vehicle is subject to severe service such as towing, mountain driving and/or stop and go traffic.
This fluid is inspected with our standard service and regular service will help reduce the chance of a costly repair.
Fuel Injection Service
The fuel injectors endure the heat of combustion and fire several times per second. Deposits accumulate in the injector that can rob your engine of power, hurting your performance and fuel mileage. Through regular maintenance the fuel injectors continue to operate at maximum efficiency, resulting in a smooth running engine.
The timing belt connects the upper and lower part of the engine and keeps them synchronized. Over time, just like any other belt, the rubber dries out and the belt starts to crack. Vehicle manufacturers recommend replacement of this belt at intervals between 60,000 and 105,000 miles.
On many vehicles, there are other pulleys and components that should be replaced at the same time. Most vehicles have an interference type engine, meaning if the belt were to break, internal engine components could be damaged. By replacing this belt before it breaks, you avoid costly engine repair.
Our Services Include:
Standard Maintenance Services
- Factory Scheduled Maintenance
- 30/60/90/120 Mile Services
- DMV Certified Vehicle Inspection & Repairs
- State Emission Inspections & Repairs
- Computer Diagnostics
- Oil Changes
- Tune Ups
- Filter Replacements
- Safety & Emissions Inspections
- Windshield Wiper Blades
- Fluid Services
- Trip Inspections
- Maintenance Inspections
- Check Engine Light Diagnostics & Repair
- Brake Repair & Antilock Braking System (ABS) Repair
- Shocks & Struts Repair
- Chassis & Suspension Repair
- Suspension & Steering Repair
- Tire Sales
- Tire Installations
- Tire Rotation
- Tire Balancing
- Tire Replacement
- Wheel Alignment
- Tire Air Pressure Checks
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Repair & Service
- Factory Scheduled Maintenance
- Preventative Maintenance (PM)
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- DOT Inspections
- State Inspections
- Fleet Accounts
Auto Electrical Services
- Electrical System Diagnostics & Repair
- Alternator Repair & Replacement
- Starter Repair & Replacement
- Windshield Wiper Repair
- Power Lock Repair
- Power Antenna Repair
- Power Steering Repair
- Power Window Repair
- Power Accessory Repair
- Light Repair & Bulb Replacements
- Factory Scheduled Maintenance
- State of Health Battery Testing & Conditioning
- High Voltage Battery Testing & Conditioning
- High Voltage Cable Inspection & Repair
- Brake System Repair & Maintenance
- Transmission Fluid Flush
- Heating & Cooling System Repair
- Transmission Repair & Service
- Transmission Replacement
- Driveline Repair & Maintenance
- Axle Repair & Replacement
- Clutch Repair & Replacement
- Transmission Fluid Service
- Flywheel Repair & Replacement
- Driveshaft & U-Joint Repair
- Transmission Flush
- Differential Diagnosis
- Differential Rebuild & Service
- Engine Repair
- Engine Replacement
- Engine Performance Check
- Belt Replacement
- Hose Replacement
- Cooling System Repair
- Radiator Repair & Replacement
- Water Pump Repair & Replacement
- Drivability Diagnostics & Repair
- Fuel Injection Repair & Service
- Fuel System Repair & Maintenance
- Ignition System Repair & Maintenance
Heating & Air Conditioner Repair
- Heating & Cooling System Diagnostics
- Auto Air Conditioning Repair & Service
- Heating System Repair & Service
- Belt Repair & Replacement
- Compressor Repair & Replacement
- Evaporator Repair & Replacement
- Refrigerant Replacement
- Exhaust Repair & Replacement
- Muffler Repair & Replacement
- Tailpipe Repair & Replacement
- Catalytic Converter Repair
- Exhaust Manifold Repair
- Custom Exhaust Fabrication
- Exhaust Upgrades